Opportunities at Rubino OB/GYN
Position Description – Medical Office Receptionist
- Provide first class customer service to all internal and external constituents up to and including serving as first line patient navigator and resource.
- Registering and scheduling patients according to established protocols while ensuring accuracy, timeliness and maintaining confidentiality.
- Communicate all practice policies and procedures verbally or in written form to all patients and visitors to ROG
- Assure the patient is brought into the exam room in a timely manner to meet with the physician. If necessary, some forms, with the exception of the New Patient Forms, may need to be completed after the physician visit. The physician-patient visit is always the priority.
- Responsible for communication to provider and clinical support staff of all patient status- Administrative responsibilities including answering and routing phone calls, sorting mail, responding to electronic correspondence and other clerical duties as assigned.
- Obtain external medical reports as required by medical professionals.
- Maintain patient accounts by obtaining, recording, and updating personal and financial information.
- Financial responsibilities include collecting all co-pays, co-insurances and outstanding balances for patients as well as reconciliation with EHR and billing department.
- Responsible for ensuring that all patient electronic information as well as all forms of protected health information is processed utilizing strict confidentiality and application of policies and procedures established by Rubino OB GYN and all applicable federal laws.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast pace, dynamic, multi-functional work environmen
- Excellent customer service and organizational skills
- Excellent handling of telephone relationships and discussions.
- Excellent judgmental skills.
- Willing to work on a flexible schedule including hours and location.
- Conversation Spanish highly desired
- Associate degree or related healthcare certification preferred.
- Equivalent of 2-3 years of experience in customer oriented business position.
- Proficient in relevant MS Office Applications; Experience with EMR’s preferred.
- Working knowledge of medical terminology and health insurance highly desired.
Forward CV’s to firstname.lastname@example.org