MyoSure™ – A Simple, Safe Solution to Remove Fibroids
If you suffer from fibroids and abnormal uterine bleeding, there is a new and innovative treatment available to end your discomfort.
MyoSure™ is a simple, 10-minute solution to removing fibroids and polyps right in the comfort of the office. It enables incision-less, fast and safe removal of submucosal fibroids and provides effective relief of abnormal bleeding symptoms without a long recovery time.
MyoSure is an ideal treatment option for women seeking to reduce heavy bleeding while preserving uterine form and function and is covered by most insurance plans.
Dr. Rubino is the principal investigator in a national study for the FDA approved device used for the MyoSure procedure. He is currently the only doctor in New Jersey performing this new treatment in the office.
How MyoSure Changes the Standard of Care:
Hysteroscopic myomectomy is the standard of care for treating symptomatic submucosal fibroids and polyps. MyoSure replaces the need for a hysterectomy or myomectomy, creating a much simpler, dramatically shorter and non-invasive alternative to the traditional method.
How MyoSure Works
- Your doctor dilates your cervix to approximately 6mm
- A hysteroscope ( a slender viewing camera) looks through your cervix and a saline solution helps see the inside of your uterus
- The MyoSure device is placed through the hysteroscope and the fibroid is removed by shaving down the fibroid through the open window of the MyoSure device
- Clinically proven to reduce Abnormal Uterine Bleeding symptoms caused by submucosal fibroids
- Overall effectiveness for reducing heavy bleeding caused by submucosal fibroids is greater than 90% with a less than 2% complication rate
- Recurrence rate of less than 20% at five years.
Dr. Rubino Publishes A Study On MyoSure
Rubino published his research in an international peer review journal, the journal of minimally invasive gynecology (JMIG) proving that certain fibroids and uterine polyps can be removed with equivalent outcomes and patient satisfaction in the office compared to the traditional operating room. Read the full article.